Guidelines for Managers and Employees – “Refer a Friend” Recruitment Incentive Scheme
As one of the Top 20 Security Companies in the industry, we recognise that it’s our people who’ve got us here. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for more talented people, just like you, to come and join us. If you already work with us and have a friend, family member or ex-colleague who you think would fit right in with our new culture and values here’s how you can make that happen.
As a company are committed to the fair treatment of applicants, our employees and users of our services regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. All employees and suppliers involved in the recruitment process must be aware of the Resourcing and Selection Policy and their legal obligations.
Referral Incentive Scheme
The levels of incentive payment offered for any particular vacancy are as follows:
£75 voucher – For referral of Supervisor GUK/ RUK
£50 voucher – For referral of a Receptionist
£50 voucher – for referral of a Security Officer
The incentive payment will become due after the applicable qualifying period following the referred candidate’s joining date, provided both the candidate and referrer are still employed by the company or, is not under notice of termination of employment (whether given or received), on the due payment date.
Eligibility for referral incentive payments
1. All referrals must be from current employees of the Company.
2. “Refer a Friend” applications from employees must be made by forwarding the following details to HR:
– Details of the relevant vacancy
– Employee ID
– Work/personal e-mail address
– Candidate’s CV and provide more details of the individual referred
3. The referral incentive payment will only be paid once the referred friend has successfully completed the company vetting procedures and completed a probationary period of 6 months or more. If the probationary period is extended the incentive payment will be deferred until the referred friend is confirmed in the post.
4. Confirmation of completion of probation period must be received in writing by the referred employee, who must forward to the friend who made the referral to send to HR/Recruitment to initiate processing the incentive payment.
5. To receive the incentive payment the referrer must be employed by the Company and not be under notice of termination, on any referral bonus payment date(s).
6. By referring an individual, the referrer is agreeing to the terms and conditions of the scheme. The company reserves the right to modify or withdraw the scheme at any time.
7. Where a candidate is not initially hired for a specific vacancy they were referred for, but a recruiter or hiring manager then considers and appoints them for another vacancy, the referrer will be eligible to receive the incentive payment.
8. There is no limit to the number of referrals an employee can make.
9. Referrals of the same candidate by multiple employees will result in only the first referral correctly registered being eligible to received an incentive bonus.
10. A referral submitted via the Refer a Friend scheme, is only valid for 6 months. Should a candidate’s details be received within this period via an alternative source (e.g. a recruitment agency); the candidate will be acknowledged as the employee’s referral where practical to do so. Similarly, if a candidate is first introduced to the company by an alternative source then the candidate cannot be registered as a valid employee referral and no incentive bonus would apply.
1. Referring an existing employee of the company is excluded from the incentive scheme.
2. Self referrals are excluded from the incentive scheme. If an employee is interested in a vacancy, the standard internal application process will apply.
3. All management, specifically managers who are responsible for recruitment within their roles, e.g. Contracts Managers and Heads of Departments), are excluded from the incentive payment scheme.
4. A referral bonus will not apply for any candidates joining the company on a contract of less than 6 months.
5. A referral bonus will not be paid for a candidates who has already been introduced to the company by another means within the previous 6 months. This therefore excludes candidates who have been interviewed or employed by the company at any time during the 6 months prior to the referral date.
7. Referrals cannot be made for any individual who has left the company in the last 12 months.
Please contact HR if there are any questions in respect of these guidelines
Issued: March 2017