GUK are passionate about continually reducing our energy consumptions and are proud of our Carbon Neutral status. We have achieved this through many methods, including but not limited to:
- Carbon off setting through tree planting, solar and wind schemes
- Our mobile patrol fleet includes fully electric vehicles
- We utilise energy efficient alternatives eg, solar charging for security towers
- We encourage paper-free working with cloud based systems and data transfer technology
- We utilise video conferencing where practical
- We champion recycling of office equipment
- We have launched a cycle to work scheme for all employees
These achievements align with our environmental objectives, which include:
- Compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Integration of sustainable considerations in all business decisions
- Training of staff to ensure all GUK objectives are understood and engrained into their working practices
- Minimalisation of our carbon footprint regarding all office and transportation activities
- Educating our clients and suppliers regarding our objectives, whilst through partnership encouraging them to adopt viable sustainable practices.
- Annually reviewing to ensure continuous improvement of our sustainable performance
As an organisation we are committed to reducing the impact of our business activities on our local community and wider environment.